Step by step, day by day, mobile devices have replaced the old PC’s and brought us new ways to interact and stay connected with each other. Phones are no longer just phones; they are mini computers able to do whatever we may think about. But there’s a catch: most of the available apps cost money and some of them or quite expensive.
While Android apps are mostly free to download, install and use, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 6, iPod and iPad Air 2 and iPad Air users are more accustomed to pay for what they use on their devices. This is not necessarily a bad thing, although sometimes it can get quite annoying. Fortunately, there is a way to spend less and get more apps. And one of the best options in this case is the icydiablog.com source of cydia apps for iDevices.
How to install Hackulous repository on a Cydia enabled iPhone, iPad or iPod
1. Check if your device is already jailbroken. If not, research the Internet for proper ways to jailbreak iOS 9.0.2 and do it immediately.
2. Open Cydia from the jailbroken device.
3. Check the bottom of the screen for a tab called „Manage”. Open it.
4. Once the „Manage” menu has been selected, open the „Sources” section in order to list the current available repositories.
5. Now, you need to enter the Cydia URL. In order to do that, click on the „Edit” button then the „Add” button and enter http://www.icydiablog.com/hipstore
6. Cydia will the automatically update the database. Once the update is over, you may open the Cydia app and browse the available Hipstore repository.
Unfortunately, you may get a few Cydia errors during the process. Here are a few quick tips to solve such issues:
1. Source and Hostname not Found – While the Installous utility has been shut down, you may use alternatives such as HipStore in order to prevent Cydia errors like this one. Hip Store is probably your best alternative to Installous and it can be installed even on iDevices that were not jailbroken. However, in this case, the app may cost some money.
2. Failed to fetch – In order to solve this error, you need to open Cydia from the iDevice, select „Manage”, „Sources” and „Edit”, click on the red circle located near the cydiablog.com/hipstore link in order to delete it then select „Changes” and the „Refresh” option. Finally, you will have to update the apps and start using your iDevice as usually.
Stay tuned for a tutorial on how to download HipStore and install it.
We hope that are advices were useful and that you have successfully installed the HipStore app without errors. However, if other issues arise or in case you have other questions related to this topic, feel free to write us and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.